An Important Resource for the Road to Reconciliation
Medicine Wheel. Medicine wheels represent the balance of one’s physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state.(© Bernardo Martino/Dreamstime)
If you want to understand what is influencing Indigenous/ non-Indigenous relations you can’t do better than to subscribe to Bruce McIvor’s weekly Indigenous Law Report.
For example, here are just two categories in the current report:
In the News
The MMIWG National Inquiry released its final report–read the full report here.
- 231 ‘imperative’ changes: The MMIWG inquiry’s calls for justice | CBC News
- Canadian Inquiry Calls Killings of Indigenous Women Genocide
- Inquiry says Canadians must ‘unlearn some learned behaviors’ in final report – APTN News
- Inquiry on missing and murdered Indigenous calls on all Canadians to call out racism as report attributes tragedy to genocide
- Canada must not ignore Indigenous ‘genocide’, landmark report warns
- Law groups welcome MMIWG report, pledge to consider and reflect on inquiry’s ‘Calls for Justice’ – The Lawyer’s Daily
The clock is ticking on the federal UNDRIP Bill C-262.
- Conservatives on cusp of killing Indigenous rights legislation, C-262 – APTN News
- UNDRIP bill in ‘grave danger’ of dying in Senate, committee chair says | CBC News
- Senate stream of UNDRIP Bill C-262 review
- MMIWG Report Presses Tory Senators To Pass UN Indigenous Rights Bill
- ‘It’s so important, it needs to be passed’: Youth tell Senate that they want UNDRIP passed – APTN News